Monday, February 25, 2013

INSTALLING THE FINAL PRODUCT

I love everything interior design!  The best thing about designing custom window coverings is timing.  Most interior design projects take a long time with lots of people involved.  Most interior designers will tell you that what they enjoy the most is the process of design.  The final product is awesome when you see your vision realized, but it can take a really, really, long, long time.  When it's over, you have to find another one fast to get your fix!  That's why I love designing custom window coverings.  The turnaround time is very short from the initial consultation, through the design and decision making process, and the the final installation!  TA DA!   Off to the next one.  Recently, I had a parent of my son's friend tell me that her son loves to come to my house.  "Ms. Terri's house is always different.  She changes things all the time."  Not sure if that is good or bad!?!  I guess it's another way to get my design fix.

This last week, I did two installations.  The first one was a residential client and took 8 months before she was ready and able to install the final product.  The time it took to make the window coverings for the whole house was only 3 weeks. Construction delays stretched everything out much further that anticipated, but was able to assist her with space planning, color choices, and furniture selections in the process.  Window coverings are now installed and I think they turned out pretty good!


My second installation was a restaurant that had some existing dark heavy "crushed velvet" draperies.  Those were something for the eyes!!  Fortunately, I was able to offer a solar shade that would give them their view and still eliminate the nasty glare from the window and bright sunlight.  The total time from the initial consultation to final installation, with a happy client I might add, was about 1 1/2 weeks!  TA DA!  Off to the next one.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home